Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection tags
I'm sifting through the ConnectionWalker example and I'm having trobuble figuring out the tags. In my test I have a main spline loop, and two splines connected between the same 2 control points on the main spline. For simplicity i'm only intrested in going one direction. I've used your example script and interface to get started. So when the walker is on the main spline, it only needs to match tag, I can add that tag to the walker from the GUI, all set there. But while it's on a secondary spline, the walker needs to meet two tag requirments. But actually I always want the walker to go back to the main spline. The tags i'm adding through the GUI are main, first and second. My questions:

-  I add the spline name, 00_main-track, to the Additional Tags of the walker, but thay are not visible at runtime, are they hidden or gone? 
- Why do I need to add the main spline name 00_main-track to the last CP of spline first and second splines. I dont ever want it to choose thoes? Does it need a tag to leave the spline also?

This is hard to follow/explain. Can you provide me some basic rules/guidlines for tags. 

- Always include XXX for the walker to...
- Only include XXX if you want the walker to...
- Never include XXX and the walker will always....

Thanks for your time!

[Image: connectiontags.png]

BTW, is there a spell checker on this forum that I'm not seeing?

Messages In This Thread
Connection tags - by Bryan Thatcher - 07-09-2014, 12:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Thumbs Up Can't delete connection lacota 3 6 03-16-2024, 11:34 AM
Lightbulb Junction & Connection Navigation System Design SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 4 13 11-27-2023, 01:04 PM
  Connection "next' control point jh092 3 15 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM