Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist placed control points.
Hi There, 

Apologies in advance if the question has already been asked.  I have scan thru the threads but unable to find similar issue.

Instead of me creating the control points in Unity, the artist is exporting NULLs respresenting the spline (Catmull-Rom).
A single spline has around 30 control.
Eg:
SplinePath
- Node01
- Node02
- Node03

All the nodes are correctly named and arranged accordingly.

After importing the file into Unity, I selected all the gameObject (NULLs) and added the SplineSegment script in one go.  The parent spline pick up all the segment but it mixed up the ordering.
I can't trace the order because Spline script will rename the gameObjects to CP001, CP002...etc.
I have tried adding the SplineSegment script one by one, but it doesn't update itself and eventually changes the order as well.  

Is there a better way to setup the CurvySpline with artist exported nodes/NULLs? 
Or even having a script that can clone a CurySpline from an existing node hierarchy.
(I'm new to Unity, some pointer how to start would be great).

I'm expecting a number of splines in each level, so I can't see myself manually adding this in.

I'm running Curvy 1.60 and Unity 4.5.

kimc.

Messages In This Thread
Artist placed control points. - by kimc - 06-30-2014, 12:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Does CurvySplines support displaying handles and points during runtime? niuage 1 7 12-11-2023, 12:01 PM