Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Gizmos & Segments Invisible while Drawing
Video 
I'm currently using Unity 2021.3.19f1 and I started having a strange issue in my project when drawing splines in the Scene view.  If I draw a spline in the Scene view with no object in the hierarchy selected, everything works as expected - with Ctrl held down, I see each control point gizmo show up as I click with the mouse and the segment lines appear between the control points.

However, if I have an object selected in the hierarchy to contain the spline, when I draw the spline it doesn't show the control point gizmos or the segments between the control points.  Selecting any control point or the spline object doesn't change the display, but if I select the parent object containing the spline, the control point gizmos and segments show up.  Afterwards, everything appears to work as normal until I go to draw another spline in a containing object.

I have attached a short video to show the behavior.  Any ideas why this might happen?

Attached Files
.zip   Curvy Issue.zip (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
Spline Gizmos & Segments Invisible while Drawing - by ricke - 02-25-2023, 12:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM