Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inaccuracies with offseted Shape Extrusions
Hey Guys,

thank you for the awesome tool first of all. I use it often since a few years, but for minor spline related stuff most of the time.
I'm now digging into the possibilities of the generator tools, again. I checked it out before, but just for my own pleasure. 
Now I'm asked by my employer (we build virtual/mixed reality, motion enabled simulators) to build a rollercoaster scene in unity to demonstrate a usecase with our hardware and unity as an IG/whole engine. 

Ok, curvy is my first goto tool for things like that, but I ran into some problems.

My main goal is to have ONE curvy spline defining the TRACK of the COASTER.
I'd like to design the editor tools needed to generate a track scene out of it.

The situation:
I hooked up some generator graph with one MAINSPLINE, a RAILSHAPE and then some ModifierTRSShapes to place the rails offseted where they need to be, BuildShapeExtrusion and BuildVolumeMesh nodes and then a CreateMeshNode.

This actually works fine, but I have some visual artefacts I can not resolve.

The problem:

There appear edges in the (offseted) shape extrusions and especially afer a swirl it doesn't fade back well. Really not well.

Resolution parameters are (as far I can see) on max settings (in the forward axis).

Curve formula I'm using is Bezier, but i tried others and the results were the same (or otherwise not what i wanted Wink)

[Image: dEQ5fKI]
[Image: yKDLnGC]

Do you have any suggestions how I can get better results from the rasterizing/meshing modules?

I'd really liko to do this with curvy Smile

Kind regards

Michael Menzi
(Brunner Elektronik AG)

Messages In This Thread
Inaccuracies with offseted Shape Extrusions - by MichaelMenzi - 12-09-2022, 07:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning or blending two mesh extrusions SomeGuyEight 8 21 10-13-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Animating a shape on along a spline will not playback in scene or game views sam_bond 3 9 05-03-2023, 11:41 AM
  Shape extrusion scaling tairoark 5 19 06-07-2022, 05:35 AM
Bug Shape Extrusion does not align with Input Spline Shape bit9labs 1 9 04-08-2022, 12:27 PM