Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Stretch to end" for CreateGameObjects
Quote:About issue n°2: yes, your assumption is right. You can make your pooled game objects implement the IPoolable interface. By doing so, you can make your pooled objects execute custom code before and after pooling. You can clear the valid/invalid state in these methods.
Oh, perfect, thank you.

(05-30-2022, 03:16 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: About issue 1: The Deform Mesh module produces V(irtual) Meshes that, connected to a Create Mesh module, will create a game object containing the mesh, and if the option is set, will also produce the correct associated mesh collider. Have you tried using the Deform Mesh module for your wall? Since the wall is a straight line, there should not be any deformation other than the stretching. If you already have tried this solution and it doesn't work, please send me a reproduction case and I will look into it.
Thanks and have a nice day
Yeah, I tried this and it should work if I can add a prefab to each of the CreateMesh output Gameobjects. I think this is probably the correct approach, but would require a bit of reconfiguring of my Monobehaviors.

I did also try a different approach that would be easier, but it didn't work as I expected. I used CreateGameobject and tried modifying the scale of the input gameobject in order to stretch them. The Gameobject did scale, but the volume spots for their placement did not move, so I guess the input Gameobject's bounds did not scale. Are the bounds supposed to scale with the Gameobject?
See:
https://imgur.com/a/1IGEfli

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Stretch to end" for CreateGameObjects - by Anubis132 - 05-30-2022, 06:07 PM