Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Severe bug with some types of Prefabs/meshes
(04-22-2022, 02:14 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Ok, managed to reproduce this one, and found a work around. I still need to look deeper into this and make sure this fix  is solid, but if you are in a hurry, here it is:
In CGData.cs, go to line 2004, and replace this line:
private static readonly Material NullMaterialDictionaryKey = new Material(Shader.Find("Diffuse"));
with this one
private static readonly Material NullMaterialDictionaryKey = new Material(Shader.Find("Standard"));
Will keep you updated

This one was unrelated to your problem. It is an issue I discovered trying to reproduce yours. Basically, in my code I need to create a default material. Using the Diffuse shader works fine as long as it is included in the build. In all my previous builds, this shader was included (because used in the build scenes). While trying to reproduce your issue, I happened to make a build without that material (that I thought was by default included by Unity in all builds), thus having an exception raised by the Shader.Find method.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Severe bug with some types of Prefabs/meshes - by _Aka_ - 04-22-2022, 08:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
  Disable rebuild of meshes in dynamic mode Zilk1 1 8 10-04-2023, 09:50 AM
  Custom CurvySplineSegment prefabs Lupos 1 10 10-02-2023, 09:36 AM