Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tell if a spline is straight? / Optimize problems with straight splines
Hi Mario

About Optimize, basically what it does is that it reduces the number of points the spline is sampled at. As long as a spline is straight or having a too low curvature, no additional point is sampled on the spline. So any feature that relies on a regular and high density of sampling get impacted by the Optimize option.

I am aware of few features that tick that box, like the Split feature. For now, I suggest to my customers to avoid using Optimize in those cases. There is also a workaround that helps in some cases, which is the Max Step Distance option.

What I would need to do to solve this issue is to modify the algorithm that decides where to sample when using Optimize so that it takes into account all those features. This modification is not on the top of my priorities, but it is in my list of enhancements I would like to implement.

About the following two cases:
  • Custom spline profile: Do you mean that you are using the Variable Mix Shapes module? If not, could you explain how you modify the shape of the extrusion?
  • Shadows casting: Can you please send me a reproduction case of this?

Thanks for you time, and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to tell if a spline is straight? / Optimize problems with straight splines - by _Aka_ - 12-27-2021, 05:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 10 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 10 hours ago
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 10 hours ago
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM