Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine splines of different interpolation for use in generator
Hi,

I've found most of the answers I've been looking for by browsing this forum so far, but I've finally hit a bit of a snag in one department.

I'm dynamically generating 'orbit' curves through a combination of catmull (following planet curvature) and bezier interpolation (for exit/entry), connecting the ends of the splines as required and moving objects along said spline/s with a controller. All of that works great, but I also generate 'waypoint' meshes that show the trajectory curves that are visible when the object is selected, and up until now I've just been generating as individual splines-- but I'd like to somehow combine the catmull orbit movement and bezier departure curve into one 'thing' that can be used to generate a resulting mesh that matches the connected splines involved.

I presume I'm stuck accepting that the merged spline conforms to one interpolation or another and the spline shape changes away from that defined separately, so I was wondering if there was another option available? 

Lee

Messages In This Thread
Combine splines of different interpolation for use in generator - by leeharris - 02-26-2021, 02:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information New free asset: Converter For Unity Splines _Aka_ 2 14 4 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp