Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Runtime] ClonePath + CurySpline refresh problems
(11-25-2013, 11:10 AM)'Jake' Wrote: Are you able to provide an exported package that reproduce this? This would be extremly helpful and wonderful! (please don't include dependencies!).

Not sure if I actually need to. Sorry for the really long silence, but I've been busy with troubleshooting on my own and a lot of other issues. Here is how I proceed from scratch:
-Create a cube, make it a prefab.
-Create empty with SplinePathCloneBuilder, make prefab, add prefab cube to source list.
-Create empty with CurvySpline, make prefab.
-Runtime: Instantiate CloneBuilder prefab and CurvySpline prefab, assign splines, change gap and some vector data, refresh spline and builder.

Note: Spline shows no effect after refresh. Only clicking on the gameobject in scene view at runtime actually makes cubes show up in the scene.

I think I got it! If the pathclonebuilder prefab already got some children for whatever reason, the newly computed children are refreshed only given the above circumstances. If the prefab got no children, everything works as expected.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Wink Modifying Splines at Runtime artsung 1 7 01-30-2024, 09:40 AM
  Is it possible to create a road texture at runtime? artsung 1 4 01-30-2024, 09:30 AM