Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
issues with face over lapping and generator ranges
Hello

Thanks allot for Curvy, its super amazing and robust tool it literally saved my project that i was struggling with building my own silly splines.
I have two questions that i would be very grateful if you helped me with please.

1- I'm extruding shape along spline that represent a road with two materials one for the surface and one for the side. I noticed some issues with face overlapping on some parts that contains hard hill or high mountain top . is there  a way to make the bottom vertices bellow at the same position or there is better way to solve this problem on hard corners.
I am using Bezier curve and i draw the path manually or using 1D Perlin Noise to generate it but with very sharp tops and bottoms between control points the overlapping occur. images are attached

2- I want to generate side mesh and spot game objects along the spline, the generator will use the full spline range to do so. But i needed areas not to add or spot object in them, so I added list of ignore zone ranges (min and max ranges) that I used when I add a new generator from editor script, for ex.

I have range from 0.2 to 0.5 . and i want to extrude a side mesh along the spline from 0 to 1. so here I will make two Generators with ranges. the first one is from 0.0 to 0.2 , and another one from 0.5 to 1.0. 
Any of these generator is used either for extruding a side rail, a fence, etc...  . or used to spot game objects along the range.

the issue that i am stuck at ,I am building a gizmos to visualize the ranges in scene view. I tried to Interpolate range (0.2 and 0.5f), but the positions that it show to me is some how different from when i rasterize the path and connect the rasterized path(the range is same 0.2 to 0.5) with a debug node to show the range of it.
the extrusion is shown and the rasterized path debug is exactly the same but not like Interpolation position in scene view.

I tried to make rasterized path from Code and get the data so i can take the points data and store them in a list and used gizmos to show them. but I didn't mange to do so.
is there a way to take a Curvyspline, rasterize it  and give it range and then get the data to take the positions and used it to visualize the range in scene view.

very thankful for your patience

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
issues with face over lapping and generator ranges - by Mos Def - 12-09-2020, 09:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 7 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM