Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Removal of control point causes render issue
#1
Hi -

I used the shipped Playmaker sample "pmDynamicSpline". I modified it to use touch and the mesh renderer. However I noticed an issue. I then went back to the shipped sample as-is and it has the same issue:

If you rapidly add control points/segments in the example, you will see a strange rendering issue when the passed segment is removed. It briefly renders a line between the start of the spline and the end of the spline. You can see this in the example scene. Rapidly click around to add segments and watch the flicker of a line occuring between the start and the end.

This is extremely noticable when I moved to touch controls since you're adding many more points with a touch movement.

This happens when using either the GLCurveyRenderer or the mesh renderer.

If I didn't manage to explain this properly, I can try record a video.

Is this some setting I can adjust or do you have insights as to what can cause this?

Thanks
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Removal of control point causes render issue - by cdutoit - 09-07-2014, 02:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Issue Leading to Unity Freeze Pankaj09 1 325 08-24-2026, 11:28 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connecting Multiple Spline Nodes Issue Ritesh Kadam 1 281 08-22-2026, 11:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Control Point Interpolation Overrides. rickgplus 1 1,002 12-11-2025, 08:52 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  12_Train junction point richardzzzarnold 5 4,217 04-16-2025, 02:19 PM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: