Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to tell if a spline is straight? / Optimize problems with straight splines
#3
(12-24-2021, 03:16 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
About checking if a spline is straight, the easier solution is indeed to check the angle between the normals. If performance is an issue, go through all the spline's segments and use the CurvySplineSegment.ApproximationT, which contains the cached tangents. You can also use CurvySpline.GetApproximationT, but this is less optimized (will allocates arrays)
Regarding the reported issues with Optimize. I have to check individually the issues you reported, which I will do early next week. But what I can say for now is that some features are indeed impacted by the Optimize option. The Split feature is one of them that I am already aware of. Will say more about this subject early next week.
Have a nice day

Hi Aka, 

Thanks for , as usual, your quick response.   I will explore straight evaluation with the ApproximationT Smile 

In regards of the "optimize" functionality, there is no rush. Whenever you have time let me know.  As I previously mentioned the possible work around is to disable optimize if the spline is straight (not ideal, but not deal breaker either) Smile .   Just wanted to put it in your radar and let you (or anybody else facing this issue) know a possible workaround. 

Thanks for your great support. 
All the best
Mario
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: How to tell if a spline is straight? / Optimize problems with straight splines - by MarioBag - 12-24-2021, 04:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Issue Leading to Unity Freeze Pankaj09 1 330 08-24-2026, 11:28 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connecting Multiple Spline Nodes Issue Ritesh Kadam 1 287 08-22-2026, 11:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  New User Looking for Advice on Choosing Curvy Splines ravigupta 1 301 08-21-2026, 09:45 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Spline Spots from 2 samples. BitBlit 8 1,353 06-30-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: