Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Spline Controller Flickering
#1
I have a Spline where the number of control points could change but the total length will always stay the same.

I'm using absolute positioning for the Spline Controllers, and storing their "Position" in another variable outside of the Spline Controller so when the number of control points changes, I can remap its position exactly where it was.

It seems that when I change the number of control points, Spline.Length takes a moment before the results are accurately reflected and there's a moment of artifacting where some of the Spline Controller Objects are disoriented and all over the spline. Seems to only happen for one frame and then everything goes back to normal.

I've tried changing the Update in to LateUpdate, as well as setting the CacheDensity to 0 and calling Spline.Refresh();

Any help greatly appreciated!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Spline Controller Flickering - by blabz2007 - 08-27-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: Spline Controller Flickering - by _Aka_ - 08-28-2021, 08:55 AM
RE: Spline Controller Flickering - by blabz2007 - 08-31-2021, 12:15 AM
RE: Spline Controller Flickering - by blabz2007 - 08-31-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: Spline Controller Flickering - by _Aka_ - 08-31-2021, 08:56 PM
RE: Spline Controller Flickering - by blabz2007 - 09-02-2021, 11:03 PM
RE: Spline Controller Flickering - by _Aka_ - 09-03-2021, 09:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Issue Leading to Unity Freeze Pankaj09 1 330 08-24-2026, 11:28 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connecting Multiple Spline Nodes Issue Ritesh Kadam 1 287 08-22-2026, 11:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Spline Spots from 2 samples. BitBlit 8 1,354 06-30-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best way to duplicate a spline with an offset Kapistijn 8 2,755 04-12-2026, 03:18 PM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: