Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Multiple controllers on one spline breaks stuff
#15
You are welcome. Now you have to put my name in the credits, and give me 12.5% of the revenue of your project :p Big Grin
Seriously though, and to give you my train of thought:
  • First I opened the scene and saw the issue
  • I removed all the unnecessary objects, in hope that this will fix the issue. If it had, I could restore the objects one by one and find the culprit.
  • It didn't work, because even with the least amount of objects the issue was still there
  • I checked the objects in hope to find a script or something that will make the object move differently than what the Spline Controllers do. I found nothing
  • I tried to see if there is any difference between an object with the issue and one with none
  • I noticed that in playmode the name of the mesh becomes the weird thing I told you about
  • I tried to find if there is any script that modifies the mesh, maybe it was modifying it and translating the vertices at the same time. Found no such script
  • Opened both meshs in hope to find a lead of any sort, found noting.
  • tried replacing the mesh in the problematic object with the one from the working object, and it worked
So until now I don't know what is the origin of the issue. But I am happy with not knowing Big Grin
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy Splines, this helps immensely. Thank you.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple controllers on one spline breaks stuff - by _Aka_ - 01-02-2020, 08:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Issue Leading to Unity Freeze Pankaj09 1 325 08-24-2026, 11:28 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connecting Multiple Spline Nodes Issue Ritesh Kadam 1 282 08-22-2026, 11:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Spline Spots from 2 samples. BitBlit 8 1,345 06-30-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best way to duplicate a spline with an offset Kapistijn 8 2,752 04-12-2026, 03:18 PM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: