Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Curvy Coppy all points of a Spline Into Another
#1
Hello again

My situation is:
I have 2 spline:
 - a Spline for the road, which contain a mesh
 - a Spline for the path of the player, path who will be invisible
[Image: IEkjccobkje_1.PNG]

My goal is: when pressing a button in inspector: Setup the Spline of the player for matching exactly the CPs position, rotation and copy also all the CurvySplineSegment.
Why: When I am changing the road: position, adding / deleting points, rotation if I want to have looping etc... Then I have to change every point of the player spline too...

So, I want to have the same amout of point (CP00X) in both the spline player & road
I want to set the transform of each CP00X of the splinePlayer to the road CP.
and i want to copy the Curvy Spline Segment of all the CP of the road to the player path

I have tryed to to the hard way (doing my own stuff, creating object, setting a new CurvySplineSegment and assigning the value etc...)
But I get hard problems then, with the spline cache and pooling and other stuff.

So I would like to know if you have a "good" method for dupplicating a Spline

No need to write me all the code for doing that, just some basics methods maybe, I will work my way around then.

Thanks !
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Curvy Coppy all points of a Spline Into Another - by UsernameHed - 05-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Issue Leading to Unity Freeze Pankaj09 1 325 08-24-2026, 11:28 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connecting Multiple Spline Nodes Issue Ritesh Kadam 1 280 08-22-2026, 11:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  New User Looking for Advice on Choosing Curvy Splines ravigupta 1 298 08-21-2026, 09:45 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Spline Spots from 2 samples. BitBlit 8 1,338 06-30-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: