Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do I find closest spline ?
#4
In the method I linked to you, the second parameter, which is an out parameter, is the nearest point on the spline, in its local coordinates. Then use Unity's Transform.TransformPoint to transform the point to global coordinates.

About getting a point from a TF value, you can do that using CurvySpline.Interpolate(float tf) to transform a TF to a Vector3, in the local coordinates system of the spline.
Here is its documentation: https://api.curvyeditor.com/520/class_fl...2887988f39
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy Splines, this helps immensely. Thank you.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How do I find closest spline ? - by dazz777 - 02-17-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by _Aka_ - 02-18-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by dazz777 - 02-19-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by _Aka_ - 02-19-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by dazz777 - 02-20-2019, 09:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Issue Leading to Unity Freeze Pankaj09 1 332 08-24-2026, 11:28 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connecting Multiple Spline Nodes Issue Ritesh Kadam 1 287 08-22-2026, 11:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Spline Spots from 2 samples. BitBlit 8 1,355 06-30-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best way to duplicate a spline with an offset Kapistijn 8 2,755 04-12-2026, 03:18 PM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: