Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do I find closest spline ?
#2
Hi,

You will have to go through all the splines, compute the distance from your point for each one of them, and then selecting the spline with the shortest distance.
To compute that distance, you will have to use the CurvySpline.GetNearestPointTF(Vector3 localPosition, out Vector3 nearest).
Here is its documentation: https://api.curvyeditor.com/520/class_fl...69c49bc5a6

Let me know if you have any other questions
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy Splines, this helps immensely. Thank you.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How do I find closest spline ? - by dazz777 - 02-17-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by _Aka_ - 02-18-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by dazz777 - 02-19-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by _Aka_ - 02-19-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: How do I find closest spline ? - by dazz777 - 02-20-2019, 09:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Issue Leading to Unity Freeze Pankaj09 1 332 08-24-2026, 11:28 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connecting Multiple Spline Nodes Issue Ritesh Kadam 1 287 08-22-2026, 11:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Spline Spots from 2 samples. BitBlit 8 1,355 06-30-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best way to duplicate a spline with an offset Kapistijn 8 2,755 04-12-2026, 03:18 PM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: