Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do join 3 splines && Orientation problem
Hi
I have 3 different spline controllers, each spline has 2 control points. Each spline starts where the previous one ended. I'm trying to also have them start with with the orientation of the last control point but I seem to not be able to affect it at all for some reason,  

So my questions are:

1) I'm using this to set the rotation of the first CP but it doesn't seem to do anything 

.LastVisibleControlPoint.transform.rotation =

2) Can I join the 3 splines into one dynamically and ensure rotation is smooth or that it makes sense?
Hi,
1-a What is the "Orientation" value in the Curvy Spline's inspector?
1-b Prefer using the LastVisibleControlPoint.SetRotation instead. Read it's documentation to understand why
2- Just move the control points out of their current splines into one common spline
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(07-02-2020, 11:01 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
1-a What is the "Orientation" value in the Curvy Spline's inspector?
1-b Prefer using the LastVisibleControlPoint.SetRotation instead. Read it's documentation to understand why
2- Just move the control points out of their current splines into one common spline

Thanks
It was actually user error  Angel but i switched to using .SetRotation() none the less
you are welcome
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connections Problem Juton 3 14 03-06-2024, 10:41 AM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 14 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM