Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline events not working in IL2CPP build (Android)
As the title says, I've switched my project to IL2CPP and no longer see my SplineController.OnEndReached events firing. If I switch it back, or test in the editor, things work fine, but I require il2cpp builds now for another package. I attempted to find the source, and was thinking maybe its related to the inherited class UnityEventEx, which seems to use some reflection methods, which likely have issues in il2cpp. I'm not sure how to proceed and was hoping you could help. I'm not sure which version of Curvy we're using, but its a somewhat old version, and we're on unity 2017.4.12

I hope you can suggest something to fix it, and thanks!
Hi,
There is a menu showing the Curvy version. Its the info button in the Curvy Options submenu:
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar?s[]=toolbar#submenu_s_content
Can you tell me what version you use?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Version is 2.1.0

I can try to upgrade if you know that nothing will break between versions, but the project is in a very late stage and a workaround would be preferable to trying to redo curves across multiple scenes.
2.1.0 is 3 years old, and was released even before I owned Curvy (if curious about the ownership change, read this). Curvy improved a lot since, and they were definitely breaking changes introduced since. It was done gradually with Obsolete warnings at compilation guiding the users on what to modify, but jumping from 2.1.0 to latest version will probably take some time, especially if you use the API a lot. So except if you need to use one of the new features, or need improvements in performance, staying on 2.1.0 would be the safest choice.

I will try to reproduce the issue and provide you with a workaround.
Can you please try to remove code stripping and tell me if it fixes the issue? Also, does the issue happen when building a desktop build with IL2CPP?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Also, please test this link.xml (found the root folder of Curvy), and see if the issue is still there

Attached Files
.zip   link.zip (Size: 340 bytes / Downloads: 2)
(05-23-2019, 05:45 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Also, please test this link.xml (found the root folder of Curvy), and see if the issue is still there

Oh sorry for forgetting to come back to this! Your xml file worked great and curvy is doing its thing again. Thanks so much!
Good news then.
That xml file is part of one of the updates post-your-version. So no need to replace it when updating to the latest version.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44