Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questeions what is included ?
Hello

I have some questions about curvey

is it already included that when we create a rail track and train we can control the train with set keys / keyboard input eg WASD   to speed up / more power or speed down / lower power ?

and that if player / character is not in train is outside un TPS view  train first  move automatic and if user get in he can controll and if gets out some sec's later move automatic again and user can go away an do other things. 

and can the train work only at flat terrain or also at 
mountain terrain and steep track ?

think thats all for the moment thanks.

regards
Hi,

Curvy is not a ready made train simulator. Curvy gives you the tools to efficiently and quickly create (upon other things) railways and make objects (such as trains) follow them. So you will have to handle things like inputs, player/character, etc.

Curvy comes with example scene, a couple of them having railways and trains and do take user inputs to change the train speed. These scenes will be an excellent starting point for making a train simulator. I know for a fact that there is at least one company that used Curvy, starting from those example scenes, to make a railway/light rail visualization system for an important European city.

(08-26-2018, 10:44 PM)GamePyro.com Wrote: and can the train work only at flat terrain or also at mountain terrain and steep track ?
Curvy can generate railways on mountain terrain and steep tracks too.

Thanks for you interest, and have a nice day.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks

Yes no problem only saw a other tool costs same as curvey but not looks as goid the spline plus had at one screenshot keyboard input.

and at curvy screenshots and description i saw nothing sbout that.

also can curvy also be used for a character and controll him if he is at a spline muve for and backward ?

and can curvy also be used for stairways like spline plus?

and other things like multiple followers etc you xan see at screens of 
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/spline-plus-115853

because curvey looks much better at demos and use cases but also some of the things spline plus has als curvy can do ?

thank you 
regards
Hi,

To give you an example of code linking inputs to Curvy:
Code:
//Set the moving object's speed
splineController.Speed = MaxSpeedParameter + Mathf.Abs(Input.GetAxis("Vertical"));
//Set the moving object's direction
splineController.MovementDirection =  Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") >= 0 ? MovementDirection.Forward : MovementDirection.Backward;
As you can see, it is very simple code. The controllers (script that move objects) have the needed properties, you just have to fill them accordingly to the user inputs.
More about controllers here: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/controllers

Yes, an object can move backward and forward, and can rotate 180° when moving backward. This behaviour can be deactivated.

Yes, you can project splines on top of other meshes (slopes, stairways, etc). There are various ways to do it, depending on your needs: using the toolbar, as a Curvy Generator module, or through the API.

Yes you can have multiple followers too.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice day.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(08-28-2018, 01:25 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,

Code:
splineController.Speed = MaxSpeedParameter + Mathf.Abs(Input.GetAxis("Vertical"));
splineController.MovementDirection =  Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") >= 0 ? MovementDirection.Forward : MovementDirection.Backward;
As you can see, it is very simple code. The controllers (script that move objects) have the needed properties, you just have to fill them accordingly to the user inputs.

Yes, an object can move backward and forward, and can rotate 180° when moving backward. This behaviour can be deactivated.

Yes, you can project splines on top of other meshes (slopes, stairways, etc). There are various ways to do it, depending on your needs: using the toolbar, as a Curvy Generator module, or through the API.

Yes you can have multiple followers too.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice day.

Thanks how can i set that then at curvy when buy it at the train ?

Need add it as script or in the curvery script that is already then added at the train ?

Regrads
Sorry I am having a hard time understanding your question. Can you reexplain it?
What other languages do you speak? Maybe we can communicate without using English.
when i buy curvy how can i add that to the train to control the train ?

or to other objects at spline i want control

and how ?

your script you send.

regards
Hi,

- You select the object you want
- In its inspector, you click on AddComponent
- You select Spline Controller
- In the Spline Controller's inspector, you set the field Spline to a Cury Spline you would have already created
- You set the parameters of the Spline Controller to fit your needs (speed, orientation, etc...)

Here you can see how to create a Curvy Spline https://youtu.be/1JKgjN9T078?t=3m9s
(09-14-2018, 08:56 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,

- You select the object you want
- In its inspector, you click on AddComponent
- You select Spline Controller
- In the Spline Controller's inspector, you set the field Spline to a Cury Spline you would have already created
- You set the parameters of the Spline Controller to fit your needs (speed, orientation, etc...)

Here you can see how to create a Curvy Spline https://youtu.be/1JKgjN9T078?t=3m9s

Yes mean to add that controlable with keyboard or joystick function.
You add a script that contains the code I already wrote you in this previous post:

(08-28-2018, 01:25 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
Code:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UV mapping improvements (code included!) bac9-flcl 1 6,472 08-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Jake