Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move between control points
Are there shortcut methods that would help move a SplineController from ControlPoint A to ControlPoint B on a spline? In my scenario, I'm not using speed. I'm directly controlling the gameobjects movement along the spline with AbsolutePosition, and trying to control movement between different checkpoints along the spline. Imagine a bus route with stops for passengers where I instantiate a control point at each stop.

Or better yet, how do I find the closest ControlPoint to my gameobject's current position along the spline? If I could identify the current ControlPoint, then I could use functions like GetNextControlPoint, [b]GetPreviousControlPoint  [/b]and work with the ControlPointList.

Thanks!
You are looking for this method
https://api.curvyeditor.com/230/class_fluffy_underware_1_1_curvy_1_1_curvy_spline.html#aad246b80a09ace695ca02fc5367a27f4
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Ah, I saw that one but didn't think about scanning for out parameters. Out parameters are pretty hard to find with such a large API.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Does CurvySplines support displaying handles and points during runtime? niuage 1 7 12-11-2023, 12:01 PM