Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesh.normals is out of bounds
Hi I'm getting the following error on a generator, using Unity 2017.3, curvy versions 2.1.3 & 2.2

Code:
Mesh.normals is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.vertices array.
UnityEngine.Mesh:set_normals(Vector3[])
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGVMesh:ToMesh(Mesh&) (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG/CGData.cs:1182)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh:writeVMeshToMesh(CGVMesh&) (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:613)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh:createMeshes(List`1&, Boolean) (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:508)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh:Refresh() (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:417)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule:doRefresh() (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG/CGModule.cs:792)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator:Refresh(Boolean) (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:542)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator:editorUpdate() (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:239)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

&

Code:
IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.MeshFilterExt.CalculateTangents (UnityEngine.MeshFilter m) (at Assets/Packages/DevTools/Extensions/Extensions.cs:767)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh.writeVMeshToMesh (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGVMesh& vmesh) (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:620)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh.createMeshes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& vMeshes, Boolean combine) (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:508)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh.Refresh () (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:417)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule.doRefresh () (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG/CGModule.cs:792)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Refresh (Boolean forceUpdate) (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:542)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.editorUpdate () (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:239)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:127)

in both the editor and runtime.

Also the bug submit form isn't working as it needs captcha but theres no captcha on the page (chrome)
I fixed this by switching off combine
Hi,
Can you please send me either a scene where the issue is reproducible, or detail to me the reproduction steps to have a CurvyGenerator that suffers from this bug?
Thanks
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-12-2018, 07:21 AM)hawken Wrote: Also the bug submit form isn't working as it needs captcha but theres no captcha on the page (chrome)

Weird, I did receive your bug report from the form, twice.
What was displayed exactly? You had the error message at the top but not the captcha field at the bottom?

Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
hi Aka!

Yes make a volume mesh and volume caps, hook them up to a create mesh, with "Combine" on it errors

This is what I see for the bug report in Chrome btw

I could reproduce the bug. It should be fixed in the upcoming 2.2.1 version.
I will post the fix here when it will be done.
Bug fixed in 2.2.1, which I just submitted to Unity.
The fix is spread over multiple locations in the code, so it's not practical to paste it here. If you need it urgently, PM me and I will send you the files.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM
  Get spline from generated mesh beartrox 1 5 11-27-2023, 12:30 PM