Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy Generator re-initializes on disable?
I found that the curvy generator seems to reset and redo its initialization OnDisable / OnEnable.

This is an issue because even if I were to deactivate my spline object, I don't want the pooled instantiated prefabs to be rebuilt. Is there a way or option around this?

Edit* I also found that if the control points are less then 2, it seems to rebuild all the prefabs.

Is there a way to have all built pooled prefabs be kept initialized regardless of if the spline was enabled/disabled or the points are below 2?

Edit** I see that the CreateGameObject module deletes any pools not used. It'd be nice if this could be modified to be toggled off
Hi
If you need to keep the generated objects while the generator is disabled, then you should probably use the SaveToScene method:

https://api.curvyeditor.com/FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.ResourceExportingModule.html#FluffyUnderware_Curvy_Generator_Modules_ResourceExportingModule_SaveToScene_UnityEngine_Transform_

It's the API method equivalent to the button on the toolbar saving resources to scene
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Check the other post first, I attached some example that i believe will be helfpful.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(05-18-2023, 05:04 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: If you need to keep the generated objects while the generator is disabled, then you should probably use the SaveToScene method:

Isn't this a more expensive method meant to be called just once? I need to make sure that any of the assets I generate are saved when I place the spline. However If I were to move/edit the existing spline, I'd still like to update and re-generate while having all the prefabs already setup.

This is because this level editor isn't meant to save the level, its a tower defense game and the components of the spline just needs to be allowed to initialize and function.
(05-19-2023, 01:19 PM)Lupos Wrote: Isn't this a more expensive method meant to be called just once?
It should not be more expensive than updating the generator to create the same objects.

(05-19-2023, 01:19 PM)Lupos Wrote: I'd still like to update and re-generate while having all the prefabs already setup.
I believe this answers it: https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-1742-post-5820.html#pid5820

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 3 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 14 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM