Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Prefabs with transformations reset to original state when using Deform mesh
Hi there,

We're using Curvy Splines to create deformed pipes. We're using various pipe parts but would like to rotate these separately on the spline to create a more varied pipe appearance. To do this we used the original pipe and created new rotated Prefabs from this one. The problem is that as soon as I put them on the spline (using Deform and volume spots) they are reset to their original Prefab state (no transformations).

Is there something I miss or is it just not possible to create variety in this way?

Have a great weekend!
Dan
Hi
The Input GameObject module indeed gets rid of the transform of the object. To apply a transform, one right now needs to use the Translation/Rotation/Scale in the Properties section of the module.
You question makes me think about adding support for the input gameobject transform in an upcoming update. Do you have any suggestions or special requests?
Thanks and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(04-28-2023, 09:10 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
The Input GameObject module indeed gets rid of the transform of the object. To apply a transform, one right now needs to use the Translation/Rotation/Scale in the Properties section of the module.
You question makes me think about adding support for the input gameobject transform in an upcoming update. Do you have any suggestions or special requests?
Thanks and have a nice day

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I've added the same Prefab into the Input GameObject list using three new slots and can now change rotation separately. Awesome! Thanks.

A few minor issues occuring but I'll try to solve them. When adding more than 2 Prefabs to the list they get separated (small space in between the prefabs) on the spline.

Have a great weekend.
Alright. Feel free to contact me if you are stuck.
Have a great weekend too.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM