Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bezier tangent points constantly change coordinates
Hi.

I'm trying to use a bezier curve but I noticed that in game AND in editor when Update happens currently selected Bezier tangent shifts a bit.
It's a small change every second but provided that you work or run your game long enough the tangents will noticeably move.

Has anyone experienced this?
Hi,

not really. A quick test shows that the Bezier handles stay constant. Could you give me an explanation how to reproduce this? Or perhaps a small sample scene (without Curvy in it!)?

Thanks

Jake
The effect looks like this: http://screencast.com/t/QNxB5BymDf
See, I'm moving my mouse over the scene in Edit mode and handles change their positions too.

Yes, that is clear and it looks like the usual floating point inaccuracy. I just can't reproduce it. As long as you don't move the handles (or change them by code), the value should be untouched. Could it be that you are continously updating/writing the Handle positions from your code somewhere?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 4 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 4 hours ago
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Does CurvySplines support displaying handles and points during runtime? niuage 1 7 12-11-2023, 12:01 PM