Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splines as/in ScriptableObjects
Hi!

So far really impressed with Curvy Splines.

In our game, we have a component that is configured in part by a spline. The rest of this objects configuration works nicely as a ScriptableObject and it would be nice to have the spline effectively included in that configuration. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, as I've tried a few things.

I looked through the calls available on a spline and I don't see anything that looks easily serialized that I could manually grab in an editor script and then inflate from at runtime.

I've scanned the tutorials and don't see anything that looks relevant.

Currently I'm putting the splines on a prefab but I seem some slightly wonky behavior that makes me think this isn't entirely intended usage.

Thoughts on this?

Cheers, thanks!
Hi

I have a vague understanding of scriptable objects, so please correct me if I say something wrong.
From my understanding, you need to easily import/export splines to a simple data containing class. You can use the FluffyUnderware.Curvy.ImportExport.SerializedCurvySpline class, which is used for importing/exporting splines through the Import/Export wizard. Class should be self explanatory, but if needed you can see an usage of that class in the SplineJsonConverter class.

Please note that SerializedCurvySpline stores most data from a spline, but not all of it, like for example connections.

I hope this helped. Please let me know if you need further help.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 15 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM