Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to make the beginning and end of a mesh translucent.
I am looking for a way to apply a translucent gradient to the beginning and end of a mesh created with Curvy Spline.
If there is some convenient way to do this on the library side, please let me know.
(Currently, I am trying to implement this by creating two GameObjects that are different from the mesh and overlapping them at the beginning and end).

thanks
Hi

I am not a pro when it comes to materials, but if you have a material with a shader that changes translucency gradually based on the V coordinate, the extruded mesh should automatically have the translucency gradient since the generated vertices' V coordinate increase gradually along the extrusion
Toying with the Materials section of the Volume Mesh module should help in your case
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/generator/modules/volumemesh#materials

Did this help?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I will consider preparing a new material and changing the Material section of the Volume Mesh to accommodate this.
Thank you for your prompt response!
You are welcome.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM
  Get spline from generated mesh beartrox 1 5 11-27-2023, 12:30 PM