Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a point, then refreshing the mesh results in wrong mesh for one frame
I've attached a project where every second, I add a point to the curve, then refresh the mesh. When I do this, for a single frame, the mesh crisscrosses itself only in the latest segment, then corrects itself the next frame as shown here:

[Image: 9nsInDU.png]

I thought a first that it was because the points were too close to each other, but it should be past the previous point, and should render correctly even if it's close. Also, I set the curve to "linear" to make sure it wasn't this point proximity problem, and the issue still occurs. This bug is making it so I can't draw the path of a curve gracefully.

I removed the project!

Please, anyone, tripple-check that you don't upload projects containing full software (be it Curvy, PlayMaker or else!). There's this handy editor feature "Include Dependencies" that you must uncheck before exporting a package! If you zip up folders, remove any commercial software manually!

I'll have a look...
(02-17-2014, 03:14 PM)'Jake' Wrote: I removed the project!

Oh man, I'm sorry about that. I'm used to attaching projects to bug reports. I forgot that this wasn't restricted to Curvy customers. And thanks for looking into it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM