Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to convert GUI point to world ray if a camera has not been set up!
Code:
Unable to convert GUI point to world ray if a camera has not been set up!
UnityEditor.HandleUtility:GUIPointToWorldRay(Vector2)
CurvySplineSegmentInspector:InsBefore() (at Assets/Curvy/Editor/CurvySplineSegmentInspector.cs:492)
CurvySplineSegmentInspector:DoWin(Int32) (at Assets/Curvy/Editor/CurvySplineSegmentInspector.cs:420)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

I get this error when using Ins Before and After, on the first and final spline segment respectively.
I'm not sure what the intended behaviour in those cases is, but extrapolating out in the direction of the tangent (?) seems like it'd be reasonable.

Also looking forward to the undo bug and warnings being fixed!

e:
Forgot to mention, this is only the case with an open spline. Closed splines don't suffer from it.
Hi,

thanks for reporting this. I'll have a look.

Jake
To reproduce this error, do I just have to delete any camera in the scene?
No?
My steps to reproduce are:
- Create a new scene (empty, but with Main Camera by default)
- GameObject > Create Other > Curvy > Spline
- Uncheck Close Spline
- Select the first or last point of the spline, and then click Ins Before or Ins After respectively

With the main camera present throughout. As far as I can tell, it happens regardless of whether a camera is in the scene or not.
Ah, ok. Then I misunderstood you. Just tested with the current dev version and fortunately, this bug is gone with the new Toolbar UI.
Ah, neat. Looking forward to the next release.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connection "next' control point jh092 3 15 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM
  Spline.Length not updated unless I add a point to spline (or modify it) first. _RicO 3 6 08-26-2023, 08:41 AM
  Programming a first-person player/camera to follow a Curvy Spline kenmarold 1 6 05-21-2023, 05:03 PM