Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Variable mesh extrusion offset per segment
First of all, I just bought this asset and I have to say I'm amazed by the extensive example set you provide - awesome!

I'm working on a racing game, and want to use Curvy for the generation of road along a spline.
I've successfully used the Shape Extrusion template to get good initial results,
but now I want the extrusion to be variable based on some metadata for each point on the spline -
between each point, the track should smoothly grow wider/narrower based on this "width" metadata.

Can something like this be achieved with the Shape Extrusion module, or do I need to build a custom system for this?
If so, can you give me some pointers how to best approach this?

Thank you very much in advance, and again, thanks for the amazing asset you're providing!

Best,
Marius
Hi

Thanks for the compliment Smile

In the Shape Extrusion module, there is a Scale tab that allows for variable scaling. To make the link with the metadata, create a script that will reads the metadata and modifies the scaling curve accordingly.

Some members you will have to use:
BuildShapeExtrusion.ScaleMultiplierX
CurvySpline.GetMetadata or CurvySpline.GetInterpolatedMetadata (used in an example script MetaDataController, which is used in example scene 01_MetaData)

I hope this helped
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 6 hours ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM