Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DT Singleton Instance was null error
Hi Everyone,

Recently I came across an issue with the new error and I am not sure how to clear this bug. My Unity solution is built on Android and has 3 scenes and only the middle scene has a curve applied to it. If the user cycles through the scenes it works fine but when the user goes to enter the middle scene a second time the following error is presented:

Code:
[DevTools] DTSingleton instance was null. This happens if the instance is destroyed by the user, which is not a supported operation. If you did not destroy the singleton's instance, then please fill a bug report.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
FluffyUnderware.DevTools.DTLog:LogError (object) (at Assets/Plugins/DevTools/Classes/DTUtility.cs:848)
FluffyUnderware.DevTools.DTSingleton`1<FluffyUnderware.Curvy.CurvyGlobalManager>:Awake () (at Assets/Plugins/DevTools/Components/DTSingleton.cs:61)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.CurvyGlobalManager:Awake () (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CurvyGlobalManager.cs:228)

I am using the latest version of Curvy and any tips or hints (or do I need to provide further info) it would be appreciated as I am stumped. 

Cheers.

R76
Hi
Do you manage to reproduce this issue in editor or inside a desktop build? If so please send me a reproduction case. If not let me know and I will try to help as much as I can.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(10-07-2021, 01:20 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
Do you manage to reproduce this issue in editor or inside a desktop build? If so please send me a reproduction case. If not let me know and I will try to help as much as I can.

Yes I have reproduced within the Unity Editor - I'll have to look at how to get the Reproduction Case up though (googling now).
The ideal way:
1- Create a new empty project
2- Copy in it only the things necessary to recreate the issue: A scene, your needed custom scripts, and Curvy Splines
3- Make sure that the issue is reproducible
5- Make a zip or package from that project (include only the Assets folder and the manifest.json if you use non default Unity packages)
6- Send me the link to download the project. Do not post the link here, since this thread is public.
7- Explain to me what steps I should do to reproduce the issue.
Thanks a lot
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error when trying to connect nodes in prefab edit mode Lupos 4 9 06-02-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Argument Null exception Beqo77 5 17 04-24-2023, 08:26 PM
  Null Ref when using Connections RKTRAINS 1 2 10-10-2022, 08:49 AM
  Error when switching splines ricke 3 7 10-10-2022, 08:46 AM