Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Handle from CP tangent

I have a problem. In the picture above, to make theĀ airplane curves to right, first, the spline makes a small curve to the left.

Is there a better way for the autohandle to work from the tangent of CP?

I want something like this:

Cheers
Hi

The auto handles are a way to automatically set handles that satisfy most use cases. Yours unfortunate does not fit. So for your case you will have to specify explicitly the handles you want. If you manage to find a formula that generates the handles as you want them to be, you can replace the formula used by Curvy's auto handles if you want. The current implementation is in this method in the CurvySplineSegment.cs file:
SetBezierHandles(float distanceFrag, Vector3 p, Vector3 n, bool setIn = true, bool setOut = true, bool noDirtying = false)
p and n are the deltas between current control point's position, and respectively the previous control point and the next one

Let me know if I can help more

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thank you. I'll try explore this way.
You are welcome. If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tangent incorrect. tairoark 3 17 06-28-2022, 06:31 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Change ControlPoint handle seems not updating internal Cache Trainzland 2 5,081 06-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Trainzland
  Bezier tangent points constantly change coordinates valyard 3 6,460 02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jake