Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance on Mobile Hardware (Oculus Quest VR)
Question 
Hello!

I'm considering using Curvy for a project that requires a racetrack to be generated at runtime, and a vehicle that travels along that racetrack at a constant speed with the ability to move left/right on that track.

1) First, is Curvy a good fit for such a use case? I saw that it has mesh generation features, so it can generate a track at runtime right?

2) How well does Curvy perform on mobile hardware? In particular, Android mobile VR hardware such as the Oculus Quest?

Thanks!
Hi

1) Yes, Curvy is a good fit

2) It really depends on how complex the racetrack is, the mobile hardware, the target FPS, ... I know from existing projects that Curvy can run on properly on mobile, but I haven't personally done any profiling on mobile platforms.

What I suggest you is to buy Curvy Splines, do tests with it. If the performance is not high enough, write me about it. If I can't provide you with a solution, then I will grant you a refund (through the Unity refund system)

What do you think?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(05-03-2021, 06:33 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi

1) Yes, Curvy is a good fit

2) It really depends on how complex the racetrack is, the mobile hardware, the target FPS, ... I know from existing projects that Curvy can run on properly on mobile, but I haven't personally done any profiling on mobile platforms.

What I suggest you is to buy Curvy Splines, do tests with it. If the performance is not high enough, write me about it. If I can't provide you with a solution, then I will grant you a refund (through the Unity refund system)

What do you think?

Sounds good to me! Thanks for your reply!
You are welcome. Please keep me updated about your tests, whatever the result it.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I want to improve the performance of Variable Mix Shapes yanke 7 8 07-27-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Upgrading Unity causes significant performance degradation yanke 3 7 05-23-2022, 03:40 PM
Exclamation DuplicateEditorMesh performance issue Guillaume 5 12 01-18-2022, 01:44 PM
  What is the performance of Curvy in iOS/Android ? codehawk64 5 934 09-01-2021, 10:30 AM