Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use wave shader with extruded meshes
Hello

I am trying to use simple sin wave shader for mesh that was extruded using generator, but i realized that the vertices wasn't moving at all . I checked the normal and tangents for generator and make sure that Normal are enabled. Also I removed auto update from generator but the vertices are still and wasn't moving at all.

I tried the same shader on other 3d objects like planes and it was working and moving the vertices but on extruded mesh it wasn't . I am wondering is it possible to use that shader with extruded meshes or i have to export mesh and then use the shader on them?
Hi
Does the shader work on the exported mesh?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Yes it did work when i exported the generator mesh in scene.
Never mind I think i will use export method. to achieve that effect. or if needed i will make very simple 3d surfaces on Maya then i will use the shader with it .
Since it worked, that excludes the scenario where the generated mesh has missing data. I don't see any obvious reason to point out. Does the module creating the mesh have Make Static set to true?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Lightbulb issues with the shader in URP sukhov 4 8 11-22-2023, 12:52 PM
  Disable rebuild of meshes in dynamic mode Zilk1 1 8 10-04-2023, 09:50 AM
  Combining two separate meshes ava_ava 2 7 07-26-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: ava_ava