Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2d splines and sprites
Hi.

I'm using Curvy for a 2d game, why not use something I know right?

One issue I'm having is that I can't stop my sprites from spinning when they reach an orientation change. Ideally I want no orientation, only direction.

Is this possible? I'd like my sprites to face the direction of the path in 2d space. Here are my settings (I've tried nearly every setting I can think of, but in the end sprites either spin at orientation changes or face the wrong axis if set to "orientation" (I could only get the sprites to face the 2d camera using "Tangent".

I'm generating the points in code using 
Code:
spline.InsertBefore(null,(Vector2)plotter.position,false);

spline.Refresh();

www.hawkenking.com - interactive design & game development
Hi
What happens if you set the spline's orientation to None?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(06-07-2021, 04:33 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
What happens if you set the spline's orientation to None?

hi, if I set it to none, the sprites don't rotate on the z axis, they all face left regardless of where they are on the spline.
ok. Please send me the spline, and I will take a look at it (you can send the exported json version)
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks. How do I export the spline? Heres what I see in Unity. The export Json option isn't showing up as detailed here https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar/start#import_or_export_splines

Well, that is unexpected. The button should be always visible, like this:

Let's tackle issues one by one. First the orientation one. Please save the spline in a scene instead and send me the scene.
(06-09-2021, 12:14 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Well, that is unexpected. The button should be always visible, like this:

Let's tackle issues one by one. First the orientation one. Please save the spline in a scene instead and send me the scene.

OK sure I'll send over, it's nothing much though! Just the above settings with no points, they are plotted in code.

I'm on mac osx btw, I've never seen an export function in the 4 or so years using Curvy
(06-09-2021, 03:58 PM)hawken Wrote: I'm on mac osx btw, I've never seen an export function in the 4 or so years using Curvy
I will dig into this issue. I don't have a mac, but I will find someone who can help. Will keep you updated
(06-10-2021, 10:15 AM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 03:58 PM)hawken Wrote: I'm on mac osx btw, I've never seen an export function in the 4 or so years using Curvy
I will dig into this issue. I don't have a mac, but I will find someone who can help. Will keep you updated

Hi
I couldn't reproduce the issue on a mac. Do you have a class called TBImportExport in \Curvy\Base\Editor\CurvyToolbar.cs? Can you reimport the asset's code to be sure?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 5 hours ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 15 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM