Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange error
not sure  if its something Im doing?

[DTSingleton] Something went really wrong  - there should never be more than 1 singleton! PLEASE INFORM THE AUTHOR!
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
FluffyUnderware.DevTools.DTSingleton`1:get_Instance() (at Assets/Packages/DevTools/Components/DTSingleton.cs:48)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.CurvySpline:Awake() (at Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CurvySpline.cs:575)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityTonguerocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
Yes, I've been getting this for some time, too.
Does anyone know how to reproduce this bug?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I have the same problem (Curvy 4.1.1). Happenes only in build. I have a couple of scenes, first loaded as single, others additively. Two of those additive scenes have Curvy generators in them along with the _CurvyGlobal_ gameobject. Scenes that does not have generators does not have this GO as well.

My question is, in what situation should this error occur? How does the merging of the global managers work?

EDIT: When I load my main scene and all of the composite partial scenes in the editor, the _CurvyGlobal_ GOs from the partial scenes disappear and a new one is created in my main (active) scene. Then when I save my main scene it'll have a _CurvyGlobal_ GO even though it doesn't have any Curvy components in it. Is that the intended behaviour?

Aside from that, when I get the error in build, at the time I have two _CurvyGlobal_ GOs in the scenes. I logged also two instances of global manager merging which makes sense since there're total 3 _CurvyGlobal_ GOs in 3 different scenes. It appears to me that the error is caused by a CurvySpline (as is written in the stack trace) which tries to access _CurvyGlobal_ GO before the merging happenes.
Thanks for the details metroidsnes. I will soon take a look at it.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(12-15-2018, 03:59 PM)metroidsnes Wrote: My question is, in what situation should this error occur?
This was not supposed to happen. But in the process of fixing this bug, I found that this happens if you have a Curvy Global Manager in a scene with no spline, and then added a scene having a spline and (naturally) its own Curvy Global Manager. I am right now working on fixing the Curvy Global Manager singleton handling. The fix should be available in the next update.

(12-15-2018, 03:59 PM)metroidsnes Wrote: How does the merging of the global managers work?
When multiple Curvy Global Managers are detected, the method CurvyGlobalManager.MergeDoubleLoaded is called, and this is where the merging is handled. Basically the first found manager is kept while incorporating the Curvy Connections from the other managers

(12-15-2018, 03:59 PM)metroidsnes Wrote: EDIT: When I load my main scene and all of the composite partial scenes in the editor, the _CurvyGlobal_ GOs from the partial scenes disappear and a new one is created in my main (active) scene. Then when I save my main scene it'll have a _CurvyGlobal_ GO even though it doesn't have any Curvy components in it. Is that the intended behaviour?
The intended behavior is to remove all but one Curvy Global Manager. So there should not be one added in a scene where none was present. I couldn't reproduce this based on your post. Do you have a mini project where I can witness this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error when trying to connect nodes in prefab edit mode Lupos 4 9 06-02-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Error when switching splines ricke 3 7 10-10-2022, 08:46 AM
  Error when recreating splines / connections jh092 3 7 07-25-2022, 09:58 AM
Question Error after upgrade: (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) boriskourt 3 7 05-17-2022, 12:32 PM